My Shopping List
Roasted Italian Leg of Lamb
Courtesy of American Lamb Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 1 Hr. 45 Min.
Marinate: 8 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 5-8 lb. boneless or bone in leg of lamb
+ 4 cloves garlic
+ 1/4 c. olive oil
+ 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
+ 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
+ salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Cut slits in the roast and insert garlic.
2. Make paste with oil, parmesan and basil, rub over roast.
3. Season leg with salt and pepper.
4. Place roast in cooking bag and refrigerate overnight.
5. Place bag with roast in 350°F oven for approximately 1 hr. and 45 min. or until internal temperature is 135-140°F for medium rare.
6. Let rest 10 min. before carving.
7. Serve with roasted potatoes and green beans.