My Shopping List
Sweet and Sloppy Joe
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
+ 1 c. diced bell peppers (red, green, yellow or orange)
+ 1/2 c. chopped onion
+ 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
+ 1/2 c. water
+ 1/2 c. dark or golden raisins
+ 2 tsp. ancho chile powder
+ 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
+ 4 hamburger buns, split
+ chopped mango, chopped jalapeno, chopped tomato, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onion, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
What to do:
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, bell pepper and onion; cook 8-10 min., breaking beef into 3/4-in. crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, water, raisins, ancho chili powder and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-18 min. or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
3. Evenly divide beef mixture on bottom half of each bun. Garnish with toppings, as desired; close sandwiches.
* Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 566; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 76mg; Total Carbs: 82g; Fiber: 10g; Protein: 34g; Sodium: 728mg;