My Shopping List
Grilled Peach and American Lamb Kebabs
Courtesy of American Lamb Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Chill Time: 4 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 lb. American Lamb leg, or boneless leg roast, cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes
+ 1 small red onion, cut into quarters
+ 1/3 c. peach jam
+ 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. chopped rosemary
+ 2 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
+ 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
+ 1/2 c. olive oil
+ 1Tbsp. salt
+ 2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
+ 4 whole peaches, skin removed and cut in half, pitted or 8 canned or jarred peach halves
+ 16 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 min.
What to do:
1. Place the lamb cubes and onion in a large pan. In a bowl, combine jam, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; pour over the lamb and onions. Toss to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate 4-8 hr.
2. Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. On each skewer, thread 4 lamb cubes alternating with onion pieces.
3. Grill the kabobs about 4 min. per side or to desired degree of doneness. When lamb is done, remove from grill, cover and let stand.
4. Grill peaches cut-side down until browned and juicy. Cut each grilled peach in half again and place on the end of each skewer. Serve immediately.
* Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board
Calories: 601; Total Fat: 39g; Cholesterol: 171mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 45g; Sodium: 459mg;